We are asked all the time what advice would you give someone who wants to try CBD oils for the first time. This guide will walk you through the basics of using CBD oils, from choosing the right product to finding the dosage that's right for you. We'll also cover some of the potential benefits of CBD oils and how to use them safely. Keep reading to learn more!
- Understand the 3 different types of CBD available for sale in the market
Broad Spectrum CBD: This version has all components of the cannabis plant, except for THC.
CBD Isolate: This form is pure CBD, with no other compounds from the cannabis plant, and is the preferred choice of some of our customers.
Full Spectrum CBD: This type of CBD retains all the components of the cannabis plant, including a small amount of THC. Most full-spectrum CBD products for sale in the UK will always have less than 0.2 percent THC, it’s important to know that THC is still present in full-spectrum products although this is very unlikely to have any intoxicating or psychoactive effect when taken due to small amounts present.
We currently only sell Broad Spectrum and CBD isolate products at Healing Alternatives. CBD is a non-intoxicating and non-psychoactive chemical component present in the cannabis plant. It will not make you high and it is not habit-forming. CBD is legal in the United Kingdom, and the World Health Organization has declared it safe.
- Make sure you find a reliable brand that has its CBD batches tested by a third-party lab and is happy to share information about where they source their CBD from. The results of these tests should be published on their websites. We have all of our batches independently tested by Phytovista Laboratories. Our Hemp is grown for us in Switzerland, close to the Swiss/German Border.
- Find a product that suits you. We have an extensive range of products which are divided up into collections to help you find the right product to fit your needs. They range from Creams and balms to help tricky skin conditions to Dead Sea Salts to help relieve aching muscles and stress. Remember we actively encourage our customers to contact us. Let us know on our dedicated Whatsapp page if you can't find what you're looking for or are unsure of anything, we will always try to answer your questions to the best of our ability. If we are unable to help you find what you are looking for we will be happy to recommend to you to one of our trusted competitors.
- CBD Balms & CBD Creams. We advise our customers to always test first on a small area of their skin before full application as a matter of caution and once satisfied apply liberally where needed.
- What is the right dosage of CBD oils to take? One of the problems with CBD oils is there is no one size fits all, what works for one person might not work for another. The reason for this is there is a number of things to consider ( see diagram below).
So, when taking oils and edibles start low and go slow when it comes to dosages, so you can work out what works for you. CBD is best introduced gradually and with a dose of 10mg per day. Depending on your response, you could increase the quantity as needed.
CBD is not a miracle cure but it is a vital supplement that provides support to our Endocannabinoid System (ECS) when used regularly as part of our everyday health and wellness regime. The ECS is responsible for regulating some of our most important bodily functions. These include the nervous system, stress and mood, the digestive system, appetite and metabolism, immune health and inflammatory response, skin health and sleep.