Balms have been used successfully for centuries by cultures all over the world to treat and ease numerous conditions experienced by us all. Our house is packed with them and they are always on hand for every eventuality, they are long-lasting and incredibly effective.
What is a CBD Balm and how does it work?
A CBD balm is a concentrated waterless ointment or salve that delivers oil directly to our skin in order to treat various conditions. It usually contains a combination of natural CBD, oils, herbs and beeswax which when combined all work together to soothe aches and pains as well as being able to protect and heal our skin from a wider range of conditions.
At Healing Alternatives we make all of our CBD balms by hand, starting with our balm bases. To create the balm base we use a number of natural ingredients in different combinations, this includes our cornerstone ingredient CBD.
Our CBD is derived exclusively from the hemp plant and is a 100% natural compound. When added to our balms it works to enhance the speed and effectiveness in which our bodies absorb and process all of the healing properties from the incredible array of other natural plant ingredients we use.
Other ingredients we will use in our bases are Sweet Almond Oil, Refined Coconut oil, Capric or Caprylic triglyceride and Beeswax.
The Sweet Almond oil is light and easy to absorb. It is great for reducing dry, tight skin and is packed with nutrients and goodness.
Refined Coconut Oil is to help deeply nourish the skin, reduce inflammation and heal wounds. The oil also has antimicrobial properties that can help protect us from harmful bacteria.
Capric or caprylic triglyceride (try to say that quickly!) is a clear liquid derived from coconut. We use it because of its skin smoothing and moisturising properties. It is also a source of antioxidants that helps to calm sore, itchy and damaged skin.
Beeswax - this acts as a barrier to lock in moisture and keep out dirt and bacteria, while the oils and herbs work together to nourish, calm and heal the skin.
Once our CBD balm base has been created we start to combine other functional plant-based ingredients that have been chosen for a specific purpose and their unique natural healing properties. We combine these with our balm base to create balms to help with...
- Sleep - Our Sleep Easy Balm . This Balm has been specially created to apply just before bed. Sleep Easy CBD Balm is blended with 200mg of CBD, Lavender and Orange to encourage a sense of well-being and calm for a good night's sleep.
- Cuts and Grazes, light burns and stings - Our First Aid Balm . Every home should have this in their First Aid Cabinet, especially if you have active kids. It’s a holiday life saver and a great gift. A CBD-based balm blended with Sea Buckthorn, Pomegranate, Tea Tree and Lavender oils. CBD is renowned for reducing inflammation and helping skin to heal. Sea Buckthorn hydrates the skin and promotes the formation of collagen. Pomegranate is full of antimicrobials and antioxidants, while Tea Tree oil is known the world over for its antiseptic properties and Lavender soothes and calms irritated skin.
- Protection from and help with Dry Skin conditions - Our Dry Skin Balm. My mother uses this daily on her skin and is its biggest fan. The CBD-based balm blended with Mango and Cocoa Butter is designed to nourish, soften and repair sensitive dry skin and cracked heels.
- Severe muscle inflammation and arthritic pain - Our Ultimate Balm this balm is a real champion when it comes to managing localised pain. Anybody who has suffered a serious injury knows you can't rely on painkillers forever. We have packed in a whopping 2500 mg of CBD for the ultimate relief of sore muscles and inflamed joints, blended with cooling peppermint oil, nourishing coconut and sweet almond oil to ease those aches and pains.
- For healthy and luscious lips - Our Lip Balm comes in 3 delicious flavours, Peppermint, Grapefruit and Orange. So anyone who knows me well will tell you I am a lip balm nut, I always have one in my bag when I'm on the go and my favorite is Grapefruit. We created these to help those who suffer from dry, cracked or chapped lips, especially in extreme weather conditions. This is a Healing Alternatives bestseller, once you have tried one of our CBD lip balms you won't be able to leave home without it.
So there you have it just some of the reasons why we love balms! We think you’ll love them too. Give them a try next time you’re looking for a natural and effective way to treat, heal, moisurise and soothe your skin.